Australian iTunes Music Store expected in early 2004

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Australian iTunes Music Store expected in early 2004
December 2, 2003 - 14:17 EST An Australian version of Apple's iTunes Music Store is expected to be launched in the first quarter of 2004, according to News.com.au. "Apple declined to comment on when its service might be available in Australia, but sources indicate that the company has been in local negotiations with record companies, music publishers and rights bodies. Those negotiations should bear fruit in the first quarter of next year, when Apple will extend the iTunes Music Store to a number of markets beyond the US, sources said."

My Comments: I bet it'll be a lot easier getting an Oz version than a European version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
youd think Canada would have been the next step.... i wonder if we'll be able to buy aussie records in the US frm the iTMS after this deal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I don't think canada has as large a market as australia.. or perhaps its a mix language issue.. canada 2 languages.. europe.. well thats a mess of languages..

but the computer using pop in aussie is english.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.