Get Out of Jail Free (I Hope!!!)

Reaction score
Trying to jailbreak an old iPhone 2G with the recommended app - Pwnage, but no matter what Pwnage I download, I get this error window:

There is no application set to open the document “PwnageTool_3.1.4.dmg.5122330.TPB.torrent”.

I had this phine jailbroke & unlocked for the last year or more and have been using it is an iPod, which is my goal here. But I made the mistake of allowing iTunes to update/restore, whatever, and now the phone is jammed trying to connect to the iTunes Store, which is impossible because there is no network connection available through the phone.

I've read every tutorial there is and it seems straight forward, but I cannot get a Pwnage for my Macbook Pro to run as an application.

Any suggestions?:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11" i5 Mid 2012 Mountain Lion 10.8.5
you need to get a torrent downloader. try transmission, it is a reliable one. once you get transmission installed, try running pwnage again. this should fix it.

here is a link: www.transmissionbt.com/download/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.