• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie 11: Importing from Camera

Reaction score
I installed iMovie 11.

In iMovie 11 i am not able to see any new video that is on the camera in the import screen. However, i can see older video that i have already used in iMovie, that is still on the camera.

I never experianced this issue in iMovie 9.

I have seen some threads addressing similar Bugs. Does anybody know a solution for this improt issue?

Camera: Sony HDR-SR11
Mac: MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
I installed iMovie 11.

In iMovie 11 i am not able to see any new video that is on the camera in the import screen. However, i can see older video that i have already used in iMovie, that is still on the camera.

I never experianced this issue in iMovie 9.

I have seen some threads addressing similar Bugs. Does anybody know a solution for this improt issue?

Camera: Sony HDR-SR11
Mac: MacBook Pro

Is it definitely not finding it or just taking time to do so?

Reason I say this is Ilife11 seems to take a lot longer to find my camera than the previous version did but it does find it eventually.

OP
G
Reaction score
Clive 12,
It loads up all of the video data that i had already used in iLife 9 projects, but the new video data will not even display on the import screen in iLife 11. I can see the video data on the camera though.

So it doesnt appear to be a time issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.