Peculiar ibook problems......

M

maverick2k

I have a peculiar problem in my newly acquired ibook. I installed (darn me..) the Windows Media Player(1st mistake) and after realising my mistake draged the file from applications to trash. When I tried to empty the trash, it says (.htm file and some more of other files too are locked and cannot be deleted)......I tried to use the secure trash emptying feature and the message reads,".htm in use and cannot be deleted". I am flummoxed...

And there is this other problem...I visited the site www.big-boys.com(I generally browse this site without any problems with safari)and clicked on the videos....and it says cannot open file verify path and file name.....

Is there a need to make some settings to get these to work...I use only safari.....

Me flummoxed twice in a single day.....

Could anyone help please....

OP
N

nbn22385

Have you tried logging out/restarting then deleting the file(s)? Check your startup items to make sure there is no related application running in the background (Sys Prefs>Accounts>Startup items). Have you tried a 3rd party program, such as Onyx, which will force empty the trash?

OP
M

maverick2k

could not do that cause could not get those files, didn't have a drop down window stating open contents.....problem is solved now as I installed Onyx and force trashed it.

Have any ideas about the other problem???

Thanx for the advice anyways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Also, to empty Trash with locked files, hold down the Option Key and select Empty Trash (be sure you don't need the files, pretty clear in this case) What players are the videos set to run?

OP
M

maverick2k

witeshark said:
Also, to empty Trash with locked files, hold down the Option Key and select Empty Trash (be sure you don't need the files, pretty clear in this case) What players are the videos set to run?

That is what I was tryin to figure out. Where do I change the settings for the appropriate video player to be used for the browser window. At present the real player is the default one I guess. I have vlc, real and quick time only(cover all file types)

Pardon my ignorance but how do I set the players to run on any particular browser window. It was working fine earlier...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.