iTunes Help

Reaction score
I am sending off my MBP tomorrow due to the hard drive crashing and I have backed up my iTunes folder. I am curious if all my music, movies, tv shows and the ipod january update will still work when I get my MBP back and resync my iPod Touch.

If I just copy my backed up iTunes folder over and point iTunes to it will it keep all my udpates and etc..???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
eric,

I've just been in the process of copying music files from a PC to my Macbook and I found I had to bring one folder into iTunes at a time. When I tried to bring more than that at a time, iTunes seemed to get mixed up and the transfer didn't work as well...

What I would do, if I were you, is to try pointing iTunes to your iTunes folder and see what happens. If it works, great, but if it doesn't, erase (clear) everything from the iTunes app and import one or small groups of your files at a time, see if that doesn't work better.

Good luck,

Noel

OP
E
Reaction score
eric,

I've just been in the process of copying music files from a PC to my Macbook and I found I had to bring one folder into iTunes at a time. When I tried to bring more than that at a time, iTunes seemed to get mixed up and the transfer didn't work as well...

What I would do, if I were you, is to try pointing iTunes to your iTunes folder and see what happens. If it works, great, but if it doesn't, erase (clear) everything from the iTunes app and import one or small groups of your files at a time, see if that doesn't work better.

Good luck,

Noel

Thanks Noel. I am more worried about the January iTouch update not working after this. I really don't want to purchase it again but if need I will.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If the touch has already been updated, wouldn't think you'll need to worry about whether the update is sitting on the computer or not. Unless you go to restore the touch to it's original settings. I think the update to iTunes that allows it to work with the updated touch is included in the free updates for it.

OP
E
Reaction score
Everything worked like a charm. I just copied the entire iTunes folder off my MBP before I sent it in. I then copied the folder back onto my MBP when I got it back (replacing the iTunes folder that was automatically created).

I have my playlists and I didn't even have to set the iTouch back up.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Good going, thanks for reporting back!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.