What would cause the Iphone to not turn on?

Reaction score
this morning my iphone was working perfectly fine battery was at 85%
i used it for a lil then put it back in my pocket. when i took it back out just now it would not turn on. i held down the home button held down the sleep button-nothing

then i decided to just restart it by holding home and sleep together and then lo and behold the silver apple logo came on (abnormally long though? maybe more than a minute) and proceeded to start as normal

my question is ..is this a foreshadow of more problems to come? my iphone is relatively new got it in june . what would cause something like this? is it normal?

Reaction score
Jailbroken? Recent Apps Install from App Store, Cydia, or Icy? What were you using before you put it down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Sometimes the iPods and Iphones do this.

If something wrong actually happens, then there is an issue.

For now do not worry and enjoy your iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I have had times where it looks like the phone is off but its just locked up on a black screen you can usually tell if you are in a dark room as there will be some bleed-through from the backlight, A simple reset as you did usually fixes the problem. I find the problem is usually a App that crashed the iphone didn't take you back to the spring board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Iphone 3G 16GB
Might be a battery issue, maybe the iPhone misinterpreted the battery state and went in standby-mode. I had this when my battery was almost completely run-out. I had to plug in my charger before I could do anything else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.