Macbook display cable problem

Reaction score
Hi, I have a late 2009 macbook pro, 13inch and the display has been acting up lately. The description of the problem is as follows: the screen will turn white or freeze unless I manually adjust the lcd screen. It has to be in a certain position otherwise the screen freezes and turns white. Though the screen freezes, the computer itself does not.

I figure that this is a display cable issue, so I opened it up but I couldnt see anything that is crimped or anything. So my question is, would replacing this cable solve my problem or are there other issues that I do not know of? I searched the forums, but usually it seems that the issue is the display cable.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Your diagnosis sure sounds like a cracked/crimped cable. Going through the hinge this is a pretty common fault. Turning white/grey shows it is not a backlight problem.Guess the only way to find out is replace the cable. Make sure you get the precise cable. Fingers crossed.

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/8619/Looking+for+Display+Data+Cable

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.