How often should I dust my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb
I was wondering how often everyone cracks open their macbooks and blows the dust out. I'm a smoker and thought maybe I should think about doing this more often. I've had my MBP since July and have yet to do this. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I don't think disassembling a laptop (or an iMac or Mini for that matter) without a good reason is a good idea.

Shut it down, vacuum the openings and keyboard, and blow canned air into the vents.

And don't smoke around your computer. Tobacco smoke contains a greasy tar that can't be blown out.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I don't think disassembling a laptop (or an iMac or Mini for that matter) without a good reason is a good idea.

Shut it down, vacuum the openings and keyboard, and blow canned air into the vents.

And don't smoke around your computer. Tobacco smoke contains a greasy tar that can't be blown out.

..and don't smoke in general, blowing that stuff out of your lungs is exponentially harder..;)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Just be careful using compressed air around the screen. My dad kinda wrecked his screen by blowing dust behind the screen. That was on a pre unibody MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Just be careful using compressed air around the screen. My dad kinda wrecked his screen by blowing dust behind the screen. That was on a pre unibody MacBook Pro

That's why I said canned air.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.