Probably can't do anything about it, but...

K

Kananigirl

Okay, I bought my new Apple a few days ago. I finally noticed there is this weird yellow little mark on my apple 12" powerbook screen. I know I tried cleaning it, since I thought it was dust. Doesn't come off and it's kinda irritating. I didn't touch or scratch the screen. I probably don't think I can return it either though. I have 4 days more on my 10 return policy. You can see this slight black mark when you're on a white screen kinda irritating.

Ugh...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
It sounds like a "lit" pixel. You can try gently massaging it to see if that helps, but other than that there really isn't any way to fix it short of replacing the entire screen. You can try taking it back to an Apple store, but I'd be extremely surprised if they replace it for you, since one lit pixel is well within the "acceptable limits" for LCD screens.

OP
K

Kananigirl

Padawan said:
It sounds like a "lit" pixel. You can try gently massaging it to see if that helps, but other than that there really isn't any way to fix it short of replacing the entire screen. You can try taking it back to an Apple store, but I'd be extremely surprised if they replace it for you, since one lit pixel is well within the "acceptable limits" for LCD screens.

A "lit" pixel? I dunno it doesn't look like it? When you look at the screen, when it's turned off it looks like a yellow nick mark. I probably can't return it, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Kananigirl said:
A "lit" pixel? I dunno it doesn't look like it? When you look at the screen, when it's turned off it looks like a yellow nick mark. I probably can't return it, though.

Oooh - I misunderstood what you were describing. So the screen is actually physically damaged or marked on it's surface? You might be able to get Apple to take care of that for you, but if not, you could also try something like this:

http://www.welovemacs.com/lcdscreencle.html

OP
K

Kananigirl

Padawan said:
Oooh - I misunderstood what you were describing. So the screen is actually physically damaged or marked on it's surface? You might be able to get Apple to take care of that for you, but if not, you could also try something like this:

http://www.welovemacs.com/lcdscreencle.html

Yes, it is...it's weird. I didn't mark it and anything, but there is this weird yellow nick on it. You can't take it off? I'm going to talk to my friend to see if anything could be done for it I have 4 more days to return/exchange it. I dunno though, what will happen.

Thanks, I'll look at the site. I do have the iklear stuff and it won't work to take off that weird yellow mark...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If there's an Apple Store near you, bring it in and have them take a look at it...

OP
K

Kananigirl

technologist said:
If there's an Apple Store near you, bring it in and have them take a look at it...

My friend works for them, I wondering what he'll say. It's irritating seeing this weird mark like, on the screen. You can't see it far away, but as you get closer you can see it, it's a blurry mark.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Did you take it in?

OP
K

Kananigirl

rman said:
Did you take it in?

Yes, I did and my friend told me it's a dead pixel. I said, "That is a dead pixel?" I guess apparently so? I was just wondering, cause when you turn the screen off and put the screen in the light there is a yellow nick on it. I guess I gotta live with the pixel thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.