MAcbook pro 17" display pink lines problem?

Reaction score
I got macbook pro 17",2.4ghz,core duo,nvidia geforce 8600gt 256mb ddr3 sdram, 3 years old, and i have this vertical pink lines, where white colour should be. On TV-OUT i get normal picture like it should be.

Someone says its video card, someone says its LCD. I saw Apple link where they sad that it can be serviced for free couse gt8600 card, but on my service in europe thay sad that if TV-OUT work than its LCD, so how can i get to Apple contact, which can call my service in europe and tell them what to do? Some email for apple contact??

2011-09-21 14.57.59.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Someone says its video card, someone says its LCD. I saw Apple link where they sad that it can be serviced for free couse gt8600 card, but on my service in europe thay sad that if TV-OUT work than its LCD, so how can i get to Apple contact, which can call my service in europe and tell them what to do? Some email for apple contact??

This is a well known problem...and as you mentioned...Apple has a special repair program to deal this problem. If you haven't read it...here's an official statement from Apple:

MacBook Pro: Distorted video or no video issues

As far as who to contact...tough to say. Maybe someone located in Europe can offer some suggestions.

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes i read that, but it is hard to understaind what is waranty issue and what not. In my service apple in europe sad that my problem is not in this issue, but you know services, always tried to had nothing to do with problems for free waranties only for cash.

Iv read of someone topic that his apple service wont repair it until he contact apple in USA and his service even replaced LCD wich its not mentioned in link you attached. My apple service sad bring laptop to us to diagnostic him but we can say in 95% that your problem will not issue a free waranty, so they want tho charge me 50$ for diagnostic

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The folks who advised you that the problem was not the infamous nVidia graphics card failure are probably correct. Since the video displays fine on an external monitor the graphics card should be OK. It looks like your LCD may be at fault.

Another quick test you can do to verify the above is take a screen shot. If the screen shot is normal, you have eliminated the graphics card. Bad LCD.

OP
M
Reaction score
I did printscreen and picture of desktop is normal on my xp7 pc. So i have bad contact or bad LCD? Its probabl a cable, bu where can i look to se problem, is it seen by the eye?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's not a bad video card as the screenshot is OK. If the video cable were bad or intermittent, the screen would go black or would be on and off. It looks like you need a new LCD.

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok but how the **** LCD can had distortion in picture like in my case pink where white should be, and that the icons had ghosting, that was on CRT monitors, how can liquid crystals had ghost distortion? And how can pink replace white colour, something must trigger it?

I have open mac and open LCD on my table right now

display.jpg

OP
M
Reaction score
Here are the pictures, in

Picture 1 and 2 its adjusted to full resolution and MILLIONS of colours.

Picture 3 and 4 its adjusted to full resolution and THOUSANDS of colours.

So at THOUSANDS of colours pink is not so much present, but still dont work.
You see at TV test picture a green lines at black nad so.
Sorry for bad picture but you can see that the picture is still bad, only pink is not so much preset

2011-09-22 12.27.33.jpg

2011-09-22 12.27.46.jpg

2011-09-22 12.28.41.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-09-22 12.28.49.jpg
    2011-09-22 12.28.49.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 30

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do you want us to tell you? The LCD appears to be bad and likely needs to be changed. Take the machine back to Apple and let them test it if you don't trust anyone's opinion here.

OP
M
Reaction score
I just showing as much as i can that the others can see an maybee help if someone had the same problem.

The answer "its probably LCD" i can do my selfe, no offense, i was thinking that someone repair it.

I was thinking if problem is in PCB and elements on top of the LCD, couse LCD itself in my opinion cannot display that kind of picture.

Reaction score
I have experienced this same problem... And it is the connection to the lcd... something, wiring or otherwise has come loose near the joint of the monitor and computer...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.