Unlocking locked settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16 GHz 15" MBP C2D 2.33 GHz 2GB RAM, Black Video iPod 80GB
Hi everyone!

I'm a new Mac user and just got a new MacBook but have a few questions. I'll ask just one for now.

The question is, you know how you can click on the lock to "lock your settings" after you change them...is there a way to "unlock" it so that you can change it again? I was changing some settings in energy savings and set it so that the MB never goes to sleep when it is inactive. I hit the lock by accident and now I can't change it. I want it to be able to sleep, just not when I'm downloading stuff for example. Is there a way to change it and maybe change it to set that it won't go to sleep when downloading? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kelvin

Reaction score
Just click on the lock. It will ask you to enter an Administrator username and password.

OP
Dice-K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16 GHz 15" MBP C2D 2.33 GHz 2GB RAM, Black Video iPod 80GB
Hi!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll try to ask a harder question next time, this one was too easy, I should have figured that one if I read it! LOL Then again being a newbie, I'll probably have a bunch more dumb questions. But thanks again!

Kelvin

Reaction score
Kelvin -- No prob, glad I could help.

The forum's official mantra is, "There is no such thing as a dumb question."

That's not really true, of course, and people ask dumb questions all the time. But yours wasn't dumb, and if you have others you can be sure dozens of folks here will be more than happy to help.

Enjoy your Mac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.