WD my book world edition doesnt work now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.8GHz, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT
I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem i have. i use a WD My Book World Edition 1tb as my back up drive for time machine. I upgraded to OSX Mountain Lion last night as i use Traktor Scratch Pro for Dj'ing and i needed to have at least 10.8 or newer and i was stil on 10.6.8. Now since ive downloaded mountain lion when i try to do a back up its says time machine couldnt complete the backup to "mybookworld" the back up disc is not available, then i select the drive to use and it then says "there was a problem connecting to the server "mybookworld.local" the version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem. Im not enjoying the new osx at all and this is really annoying me now as i cant back up my macbook anymore...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your backups were made when you were using 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. Would it really be helpful if you had to restore one of them to your now Mountain Lion 10.8.2?

You can either start over with Time Machine backups to the WD by erasing it and make backups from the new version of OS X. Or, just buy another external hard drive and use it instead. That will allow you to preserve all your older backups if desired.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.