USB pico projector for Macbook Pro???

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have found a APIN RB330 USB Pico Projector from ebay.com

Does anyone try this? Is it workable?

They said that it only use USB port for projection.

Thanks.

C

chas_m

What did the manufacturer's web site say when you went there to check Mac compatibility?

OP
A
Reaction score
What did the manufacturer's web site say when you went there to check Mac compatibility?
From Google, I found their website APIN Limited
They show the following:
Compatibility
Apple Mac OS X - Intel-based CPU

In those videos, they show the connection between Macbook Pro and pico projector with USB cable only.
It seems that It really project the video through USB port, not display port.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It does use the USB port according to what I read on their site but that doesn't make any sense to me. As far as I know, the only way to extract video from your MBP is through the mini display port.

You might want to get your hands on one and test it out before buying. ;)

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
It does use the USB port according to what I read on their site but that doesn't make any sense to me. As far as I know, the only way to extract video from your MBP is through the mini display port.

You might want to get your hands on one and test it out before buying. ;)

Regards.
Thanks for your reminder.
I sent a mail to them to clarify the connection issue with pico projector for video projection

They reply me as following:
"Thanks for your email.
Our APIN RB330 is workable for Apple Mac OS X with Intel based CPU. The user need to connect the USB port only between Macbook Pro and pico projector for image/video projection (not mini display port).

You can see our video in Youtube.
APIN RB330 USB Pico Projector Demo on MacBook Pro
YouTube - APIN RB330 USB Pico Projector Demo on MacBook Pro
APIN RB330 USB Pico Projector Multi-Projectors Demo with a MacBook Pro
YouTube - APIN RB330 USB Pico Projector Multi-Projectors Demo with a MacBook Pro

That is workable for image/video projection with USB port. The projector is also powered by USB port (no charging and no battery), so it is convenient and portable for presentation and image/video sharing.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me."

From their reply, it shows that the pico projector is only connected with USB port (not display port) for video projection.:D

That is amazing for me to use USB port for Macbook Pro to project image/video.:Cool:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, that is amazing. I guess I should have watched their video. I wonder what the quality of the video is? If you buy one, let us know how well it works.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
I have got one, it works fine with my Macbook Pro.
Its casing is made by aluminum.
It is easy to use, just plug in the USB cable to connect.
After the USB connection, it can project a screen. Then I play a video on the projection screen, it can run smoothly and clearly.
Due to the small size and price, its brightness level is acceptable.
Now, it is convenient for me to do my presentation (no AV\VGA cable, no charger for projector, no mini display port cable).:D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, thanks for posting back and letting us know how well it works. I might just pick one up for myself. Sounds like something I could use with our Powerpoint displays.

I'm still amazed that it can project video through the USB port.

Beam me up Scotty! ;D

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.