Can you shutdown the MacBook too much?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
When I am going from my house to class. Or not using it for an hour or so, is it better to put my MacBook to sleep or shutdown?

Should I only shut it down at night?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
I never shut down my MacBook.. in fact I don't think it has been shut down for more than a few seconds the entire time I have owned it. I have never had a problem, and OS X is designed to be left on continuously, so I doubt it will effect anything if you leave it on all the time.

Reaction score
I bought my MacBook in October, and think it has maybe been shut down once (I forget why). I am generally only away from it for 12 hours or so at a time, and then just put it to sleep. Unless you plan on not using it for a day or so, then there's no reason to shut it down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
I always just close the lid on my iBook. It's good every now and again to do a restart, and considering every now and again you get an update that requires a restart etc..you should be fine with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
There's generally no need to turn it off unless you're going to be leaving it for a long time, or if you're going to be travelling a long way. Even then it's optional. However, there's no way to turn it off 'too much'. The only problem with shutting it down a lot is that it will take ages to come back on when you need it, instead of the much handier couple of seconds to wake from sleep :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
i shutdown mine once a day because leaving it on sleep uses battery and restarting it refreshes the memory

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.