• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Best Video Editing Software

Reaction score
Alright so I'm just wondering whats the best video editing software out there for MAC. I need something link Cyberlink Power Director. I need to be able to edit, convert, encode pretty much do it all.. I've been looking at Final Cut pro claims to be the best...

Is this the best choice? Or is there something better out there?:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
If you've got a Mac, Final Cut Studio is the best. It not only has FCP for editing, but Soundtrack Pro for sound mixing, Color for color correction, Compressor for converting to just about any format imaginable, Motion for 3D graphics and more, all integrated to work together.

For instance, you can send a clip with bad audio from FCP to Soundtrack Pro, tweak the sound to your liking, save it and the audio is automatically updated in FCP. You can roundtrip like this between all the FCS applications

Avid and Premiere are also very popular editing suites, and all three do some things a little differently. But they are all powerful and are more or less capable of doing the same things. Avid's been around longest so it is more popular, but FCP is eating away at more and more of the market every year, and the rumored upcoming refresh is supposed to be a big leap over the last few versions.

Reaction score
I always use Adobe Premiere for editing video. That's really nice software for editing. Also Final cut pro which are best for video editing. Thank you

Reaction score
It really boils down to a matter of preference, as they all have their own advantages depending on your specific workflow. I would recommend checking out some trial versions or getting a bit of hands on experience if you are looking to invest in any professional editing software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.