Best angle for viewing macbook pro screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" recyclable MacBook Pro - Go Green!
Hi,
I'm a newbie to macs and just got my first macbook pro.
Noticed that I'm getting the best screen resolution when the angle of the screen(screen tilt) is a bit more than 90 deg...about 110 deg..
Is that normal?

What should be the ideal angle?

Any help appreciated..thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
the "ideal angle" depends on tons of other factors.. one of which including how the user prefers to see it, not to mention how you sit, how far away etc..... kinda a stupid question because no matter what anyone tells you is their "ideal angle" at the end of it you're going to use the angle you prefer.....

Reaction score
When I got my first mac laptop, I too had to mess around a bit to get the angle right. It depends significantly on the ambient light and if you are using any photo/graphic software. When I'm working with iPhoto, I use several different "angles" to check out the color and clarity.

Since you were smart enough to buy a Mac, you'll find what works best for you. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
the "ideal angle" depends on tons of other factors.. one of which including how the user prefers to see it, not to mention how you sit, how far away etc..... kinda a stupid question because no matter what anyone tells you is their "ideal angle" at the end of it you're going to use the angle you prefer.....

no stupid questions only stupid answers.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

There are no stupid questions in the here. Not cool.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed, we welcome all questions about Apple products. No question is a Dumb one. That is what Switchers Hangout is for, to help new Mac users with their issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.