• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

need some birthday present advice

F

flyboy8824

hi i was wondering if i could get some advice. i just turned 16 and my aunt keeps asking me what i want and i cant think of anything. i was wondering if there was any good software that i should ask for. i have a 2.16 GHZ mbp and like photogrophy. i considered aperture but i dont shoot in raw so i didnt think that i would get much out of it. anyway i was just lookin for some freindly advice. probobly under 300 bucks too, PS does anyone know anything about eyetv?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Photoshop would be excellent, either get the educational version, which is cheaper, or go for Photoshop Elements, which is stripped down and also cheaper than the full version. Check out this link

OP
F

flyboy8824

deus_ex_machina said:
Photoshop would be excellent, either get the educational version, which is cheaper, or go for Photoshop Elements, which is stripped down and also cheaper than the full version. Check out this link

thanks

but photoshop isnt universal and it runs kinda sluggish in rosetta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.