Not sure which one

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've thought long and hard. Well actually, just the entire day, and I am contemplating purchase a Mac. I'm not sure which Macbook to purchase though, the Macbook or the Macbook Pro either new or refurb.

I'm guessing that the Macbook is pretty light since it has a small screen but I'm wondering how good is the notebook when dealing with graphic design and such? Is the Macbook Pro significantly better? Also, is the Core 2 Duo cooler than the Core Duo? And should I wait OX Leopard and a better price or do you think Boxing Day there's going to be some great prices?

Thanks!!

Reaction score
MacWorld is on January 8th; I'm waiting to see what's announced there (if anything) before buying a new iMac.

I saw Macbooks in an Apple store recently. They looked and felt a bit cheap to me. The Macbook Pro, however, is a sculpture in aluminium. If you can afford it, certainly get the latter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I asked a similar question and was assured that Mac prices would not drop after Christmas.

If you're doing design go for the Pro any day.

Reaction score
id go with the macbook instead of the pro. its cheaper and is just as fast. the aluminum case on the macbook pro can scratch and dent easily, while the macbook cannot get dents and dings, only surface scratches that you can't even see if you have a white case.

OP
T
Reaction score
I see. Another thing I'm considering is waiting for Leopard to be out before making my purchase. Would that make any sense to you guys?

Definitely don't like the Integrated Intel GPU on the Macbook but the price for the Macbook Pro in Canada is at $2000 ++. :( So there's definitely one factor I'm taking into account.

I'll be leaving the gaming and probably the 3d work to the desktop. Guess this means that a Macbook is sufficient?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
I see. Another thing I'm considering is waiting for Leopard to be out before making my purchase. Would that make any sense to you guys?

Definitely don't like the Integrated Intel GPU on the Macbook but the price for the Macbook Pro in Canada is at $2000 ++. :( So there's definitely one factor I'm taking into account.

I'll be leaving the gaming and probably the 3d work to the desktop. Guess this means that a Macbook is sufficient?

sounds great to me. just add some extra RAM to make up for the part that the GPU steals. that should boost the speed alot. my MacBook has 2GB and it is SCREAMING fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.