ok another ipod question. converting aif

Reaction score
ok so these aif music files on my gf ipod are taking up 8 gigs.. they are 40-60mb each. rediculous. is there a way to convert all these aif files to mp3 and put them back on her ipod as mp3 files? it would take up 1/8th of the space they are now, and i need to burn these music files to disc to back them up before we format and reinstall os x on her powerbook g4. its not practical to waste 2 dvds when they would all fit on a cd in mp3 format.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16gHz 1GB ram white, 60GB iPod Photo
ok so these aif music files on my gf ipod are taking up 8 gigs.. they are 40-60mb each. rediculous. is there a way to convert all these aif files to mp3 and put them back on her ipod as mp3 files? it would take up 1/8th of the space they are now, and i need to burn these music files to disc to back them up before we format and reinstall os x on her powerbook g4. its not practical to waste 2 dvds when they would all fit on a cd in mp3 format.

You can do this within iTunes. Go into your preferences and make sure your importing settings are set to convert to MP3, highlight the tracks you want to convert and right click and select "convert selection to MP3".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.