iphoto settings???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
I am in the process of setting up a striped raid. The only real thing I have on my hard drive that I dont want to miss are my photos. Which files or folders do I need to copy over to cd in order to have iphoto exactly the same on my newly installed os?Thanx

V

VictoryRose

iPhoto organizes your photos in the iPhoto library directory you specified...for instance...mine is located at User/Photos/iPhoto Library

You can just copy the whole library folder to the cd, and then when you get ready to put them back in, copy the folder to the desktop and then drag it into iPhoto, you have to copy them into iPhoto from a different location than your library, otherwise it won't work...also a utility like iPhoto Diet might a good thing to download after putting all the photos back into your library, it helped me a lot, it deletes duplicates and some other handy stuff...

btw...how do you like your G5?

OP
Texasmeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

VictoryRose said:
btw...how do you like your G5?

I love it. It's the fastest computer I've ever had (and the most expensive). I tried my friend's dual 1.8 for a week before buying mine and I cant see any differences in speed for the apps I use. Not even photoshop is noticeably faster with the dual. I would recommend this computer to everyone.

V

VictoryRose

Texasmeat said:
I love it. It's the fastest computer I've ever had (and the most expensive). I tried my friend's dual 1.8 for a week before buying mine and I cant see any differences in speed for the apps I use. Not even photoshop is noticeably faster with the dual. I would recommend this computer to everyone.

haha, awesome

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.