iPhoto question.

Reaction score
Howdy.

My question is, when I import pictures to iPhoto, do they all make a copy? or just the ones I edited in iPhoto?

I just don't want to have 2 copies of each because that would mean too much space-taking in my computer.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
iPhoto keeps the original photo so that you can always go back and start your editing from scratch. When you do edit a photo, it keeps the modified version as well. So, the duplicates are only of the ones you have edited. If you are going to use iPhoto for your photo management program, you must not mess with this organization. If you do, iPhoto will not be able to find your photos and they will not show up in the app.

OP
iTodd
Reaction score
iPhoto keeps the original photo so that you can always go back and start your editing from scratch. When you do edit a photo, it keeps the modified version as well. So, the duplicates are only of the ones you have edited. If you are going to use iPhoto for your photo management program, you must not mess with this organization. If you do, iPhoto will not be able to find your photos and they will not show up in the app.

Alright thanks a lot for this! I thought iPhoto duplicated them all.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.