iMac Amplifier

Reaction score
Hey All!

I'm new to the forum so i'll say HI!... Hi!! :)

I'm about to get my first-ever Mac on Friday, an iMac.

Main reasons why i'm getting a mac is for the space and the addiction i'm proud of after using them just 5 times at work!

Basically, I want to make as much space as possible! In which reasons i wish to run a few ceiling speakers in my room which would be cool if they coiuld be ran through the Mac.

Only problem is, i've only see one headphone socket on the mac so I wonder if there is a way to hook up an Amp with the Mac then speakers from the Amp.
I want the sound to be as clear as reasonable, so simply using a socket splitter didn't really appeal to me.

Do you know what items i will be looking for?

Any help is really appreciated!!!

Thanks in advanced!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
My set-up is headphone jack to phono sockets in Cambridge audio amp

Then the amp is wired up to the wall speakers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
Just connect the speakers to an Amplifier, and get a RCA to 3.5mm Audio cord, and connect it to the Output of the amplifier to the MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
There is a speakers jack right beside the headphone jack. I have external speakers plugged into my Mac in that socket and they function just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
i wish to run a few ceiling speakers in my room ... i've only see one headphone socket on the mac so I wonder if there is a way to hook up an Amp with the Mac then speakers from the Amp.

My setup ... 3.5 mm audio line from headphone > Aiwa amp > Technics speakers. Works great. A splitter's not a bad idea if you want either speakers or headphones and only the one audio output socket.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.