macbook keyboard

Reaction score
This could be a stupid question, but I have to clarify this. If some small insects (eg: ants . .) goes in to the macbook keyboard, is it cause damage the laptop (I mean damage for circuit) ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
This could be a stupid question, but I have to clarify this. If some small insects (eg: ants . .) goes in to the macbook keyboard, is it cause damage the laptop (I mean damage for circuit) ?

Yes, they can damage the computer.

Reaction score
Yes. If you have to, get a sleeve that you can put the Macbook into when you're not using it. I think that would be the best thing to do in your situation. Nothing expensive, just something to keep dirt, debris, and bugs out of the machine.

C

chas_m

The reason you have ants (unless you just left the machine on an anthill) is because they are attracted to the sugar. As in, the sugary drink or crumbs that spilled into the machine (probably the cat's fault, I always blame the cat).

The sugar will do more damage than the ants, but the bottom line is that machine needs to be thoroughly cleaned out by a trained tech or you are going to have more problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.