Sharing Internet with Proxy

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the correct section to post in but i will try my luck. I am currently connected to a wireless network with self assigned IP router, Subnet Mask etc and through a proxy of 131.0.0.3 and port 80 ( if this is of any relevance). My Macbook is working fine but on the other hand i wish that i could connect my Android phone ( if this can be mentioned here :Smirk: ) through this same internet. So i turn on sharing and it connects to the network itself but is unable to to access the internet! Any suggestions on what setting should be inputted to my smartphone, because so far i have no ideas after hours and hours of research& trials and error. I do hope for some ideas and thanks in advance for any possible answers :)

Cheers :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OK, two questions spring to mind...

1. Why are you using manually-assigned IP addresses?
2. What is the point of the proxy?

It seems like you're making this needlessly complicated, unless there is a very solid reason for doing so.

OP
T
Reaction score
I hope that my explanation here will quickly explain and resolve the question :) Currently im in a boarding school , and the IT guy has everyone, even the day students use those settings for one reason or another, im guessing so there are no people outside of school using our internet. There is no other possibility to use the internet than to apply those settings :\ So im guessing this answers questions 1 and 2, though not exactly the most solid reason :D
Hope this helps ! :)
Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.