Is there any way i can play itunes whilst my macbookpro is closed?

Reaction score
When i close the lid, is there any way to make my computer not go to sleep, or a way i can continue to play i tunes? i have the latest mac book pro 15".

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hello,
Yes there is a way to make the MBP stay awake when closed. It's called Clamshell mode and is usually used when using the MBP with a external display.
It can be also done without a display with Download InsomniaX for Mac - Disable sleep mode on an Apple Laptop. MacUpdate Software Updates and Downloads for Apple Mac OS X and iPhone

Just don't forget that the MBP will not sleep on lid close and stick it in a bag, it may overheat and cause damage.
But if the MBP is on a desk I see no problem, just keep an eye on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yes and welcome to the forum ...

Download Insomniax and use that app to be able to close your lid and the MBP will still be awake.
Warning though ... Dont forget that you have it turned on as if you go to move your machine and its not asleep you could do more damage than need be ...
Hop it what you are looking for

Cheers

EDIT : Not quick enough today ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.