Macbook does not shutdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
Hi to all!

I've had my macbook for 3 weeks now, and I love it, everything is great! BUT when I use my macbook for a long time, say more then an hour, and I try to shutdown my macbook, nothing happens, it just stays on, and I can't shut it down. I have to hold the power button for 5 sec, and then it turns off.

I can't seem to figure out what it is, and I did some research with no luck on the net.

Anyone have any idea?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive
Hi there,

Have you tried fixing your permissions to ensure everything is working correclty?

I also downloaded this free progam called onyx to perform maintenance scripts on mac osx.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11582

Also if you go to "shutdown" and just close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode. You have to wait until the lid is completely closed to ensure that it is shut off. I know there have been times where I thought I had shut it down, but it was actually in "sleep" mode. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I've been having a similar problem. My Macbook takes a really long time to shutdown. It will shutdown eventually, but it takes forever to do so. I've tried repairing permissions. I have a feeling that this has to do with a recent patch/update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
If your MacBook is just 3 weeks old, I would call Apple Care. When you do and you get the answer to the puzzle, please let us know. Cheers.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
Thanks for all the posts guys,

I did the fix the permission option, and so far so good, but I don't know if it will fix it for good. I do believe that it might be an update issue, so hopefully apple will have a fix for it soon.

I will keep on monitoring this, and if it continues, I will contact Applecare to find out what's wrong.

If anyone else has any ideas, please share your ideas! thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.