Update problem

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Got notification of an update for PhotoRaw,
Went to update it,
Got a message saying " account is not valid for use in US store. You must switch to the Australian store before purchasing"

I'm in Australia, how to I switch to the Australian store?
Plus I've already purchased the product, I'm just trying to do the update

Regards,
Gary

OP
GLXMAN
Reaction score
Problem solved!
I clicked on featured,
Scrolled to the bottom of the screen and clicked on apple ID
Asked me for password and then said, "moving you to Australian app store"
Then, all OK!

How did this happen?
I'm glad you asked :D
I was looking for a particular iBook, (Creative lighting by Mike Hagen),
Could not find it in my App Store so did a google, which patched me through to the American App Store which must have changed my icon to now be the American site

Did not go ahead with the purchase so I don't know whether it would have let me do it?

Regards,
Gary

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did not go ahead with the purchase so I don't know whether it would have let me do it?

No, it would have referred you back to the Australian store to make purchases. But I wonder why it switched you in the first place since your Apple ID and locale should have prevented it?

OP
GLXMAN
Reaction score
No, it would have referred you back to the Australian store to make purchases. But I wonder why it switched you in the first place since your Apple ID and locale should have prevented it?

Well, a bit more to the story,
Mike Hagen has both of his iBooks in the USA App Store but only has one of them in the Australian App Store

My google search found both of them in the App Store which I thought the App Store had "updated the listing", was not aware we even had app stores around the globe, thought there was only one

Apparently, If you live outside the USA, you cannot purchase from the USA App Store, since this post, I've heard there is a way around this by setting up another apple account by using a different email address and a "dodgy" address and purchase through PayPal as you can only use an American credit card, this would be breaking some law and I would not want to go down that track

I have sent an email to the author to see if he can get both publications on the Australian App Store site, not sure that this is even possible but lets hope
Regards,
Gary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.