Best program for mixing vocals

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what the best program is for mixing rap vocals? Specifically rap vocals/R&B. I'm recording with an Audio Technica AT2020 USB condenser mic so I want to gain nearly studio quality with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 MBP 15" Iphone4
The best program. Well that all depends on what you wanna spend..Pro Tools is industry standard. Logic Pro 9 is a good one, and Adobe Audition CS5.5 Is another good one. You also wanna have a pretty good knowledge of the recording and mixing process to use these DAW'S. There is always Garageband which comes with your Mac, or a free version of Audacity, But you get what you pay for. Also you mention that you want "near studio quality" There are so many variables that come into play to achieve that near studio sound. Room Noise Etc...Midi Interface, Mic, and so on...Hope this helps..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Try Garage Band and see what it gives you. I have mixed a couple CDs for a friend of mine, one song had 16 tracks in it and Garage Band worked like a charm. Professional grade? Probably not, but I doubt I could have done any better with my limited knowledge in any of the profession-grade industry tools.

Now, I will have to say this, that mic, will not give studio quality sound. It will give decent sound, but if you want studio quality sound, spend the $750 on a really good studio mic. Audio software can only do so much. And when it comes to mics, you really do get what you pay for, i.e. skimp on the mic, skimp on the quality.

C

chas_m

A $750 mic recorded in the closet is still going to sound bad. I'm with Mooseknuckles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 PPC Dual 2.0, OSX Leopard 10.5.8
I recommend Pro Tools

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.