• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

5 apps to show off (justify!) my iPad 2

Reaction score
5 apps to show off (justify!) my iPad 2

my-ipad-1302170455-1302178062.jpg

Yesterday, I was finally able to pick up my iPad 2. This is my first iPad since I decided to hold out on the first generation model. Upon bringing it home, I found myself oddly excited and nervous.

You see, I've wanted an iPad since Steve Jobs first introduced this magical and revolutionary device to the world, but like many, I've struggled to justify its place in my digital life -- between my iPhone and my Mac. It is, after all, a fair amount of money to spend on what some would call just a gadget. Therefore, I've wanted to be sure that my iPad is going to be more than just a glorified "cool" way to browse the Web, when I could simply grab my MacBook Pro (and power supply because the battery's dead) from upstairs.

After months of scrimping, saving and debating with my conscience and wife (I've now realized they are one and the same), I took the plunge. After many nights of hitting Apple's iPad 2 online reserve page, I (somehow) managed to snag a reserve to collect the next day from Apple's Regent Street Store in London. That was two days ago. Yesterday, I picket up my 16 GB black iPad 2.

Which brings me to today. Now that I have my iPad, how do I feel? Well, I love it of course, but...there's a quiet, persistent voice in the back of my mind saying, "iPad 2, now that I have you, you need to earn your keep or you will be returned."

Therefore, I've spent most of this morning scouting for the features and installing the apps that are going to make my iPad 2 worth its keep. After the break are what I've come up with: my top 5 apps (and a few more just to be sure) to show off to this voice in my head, and hopefully, once and for all, still it.

Continue reading 5 apps to show off (justify!) my iPad 2

5 apps to show off (justify!) my iPad 2 originally appeared on TUAW on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.