Thank you all, and Curse you all!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone here and their great input. Because, in large part to this forum (and specifically this sub-forum) I took the plunge and bought a macbook for my wife.

She loves it, her coworkers are jealous, and I'm now super-husband of the year.

Curse you all for making the switch easier. Now I'm gonna have to buy one for myself......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
get a macbook pro, since you got your wife a macbook, you should paper urself more and get the pro

congrats btw :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
ha ha , congrats on the purchase,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Sorry, I didn't see your previous posts. Otherwise I would have suggest you to go for a Dell with Vista Inside. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
congrats

i call it the apple bug. you buy someone else a new machine and then you want one ! my my my what a bug !

very common amoung us lot lol.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
congrats

i call it the apple bug. you buy someone else a new machine and then you want one ! my my my what a bug !

very common amoung us lot lol.

Yep, the Apple bug. And it hits people of all ages too.
Don't think I had even glanced at Apple products since the mid-ninties.
But since I got my MBP in Dec., have gotten the kid (call him the kid, he's 30) an iMac, the wife's got a new MB and I got 30GB iPod.
And after years of being a hardcore gamer and hardware enthusiast, still can't decide whether to build myself a new rig or get a Mac Pro. Although, it looks like OS X will probably win out over having a Vista rig.
Hey, this Apple thing is gettin' 'spensive. :Grimmace:

edit: Especially after having browsed around the BADVISTA site - nice link 'D'.

OP
N
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see your previous posts. Otherwise I would have suggest you to go for a Dell with Vista Inside. :D

I'm a lifetime pc guy, no doubt about it. Have a minor problem with an ipod mini right now, but the macbook purchase is absolutely WITHOUT REGRET.

I started subscribing to Macworld magazine to try and figure things out (for a guy like me, I gotta think three or four times about what, exactly the "finder" is and things like that). I'm sure I'll figure it out, and am looking forward to buying mine.

I've decided that, whatever I buy, It will be after the new OS comes out, so I can just learn it once. Teetering between a black macbook and a MBP, but I've got some time to figure that out.

Anyway, thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.