Thinking of switching, but

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a Windows user thinking of swiching to Mac. I currently use a 12" ASUS laptop and a Toshiba 14" laptop. I would like to try a 13" MAC Pro, but I notice it only has a SD card slot and no Express Slot. Each of my present laptops have both. The Express slot may not be important to me now, but I use XD picture cards with my two digital cameras and I really do not want to have to connect my cameras to the laptop to view them. I wonder if anyone has a solutiion I'm not aware of, or does anyone know if Apple plans on a 13" laptop with a multi card slot? It just seems to me that Apple has cut corners on this, and surely there is enough room. I would really like to switch to a Mac, so any comment would be most appreciated. Thanks, Poncho.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi Everyone,

I would like to try a 13" MAC Pro, but I notice it only has a SD card slot and no Express Slot. Each of my present laptops have both. The Express slot may not be important to me now, but I use XD picture cards with my two digital cameras and I really do not want to have to connect my cameras to the laptop to view them. I wonder if anyone has a solutiion I'm not aware of, or does anyone know if Apple plans on a 13" laptop with a multi card slot? It just seems to me that Apple has cut corners on this, and surely there is enough room. I would really like to switch to a Mac, so any comment would be most appreciated. Thanks, Poncho.

If you really really need an express card slot..you can either:

- purchase a new 17" MacBook Pro (very expensive)
- purchase an older used MacBook Pro that had an express card slot.

For example...I purchased a used 2006 17" MacBook Pro for $750 bucks about 5 months ago...and it has an express card slot.

Something to think about,

- Nick

Reaction score
You could always get a fairly inexpensive USB multi-card reader, they are fairly small and could fit in your laptop bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
as far as your XD cards go, don't count on Apple releasing a version with a different card slot, although I'm not saying it can't happen, but you can get an usb multicard reader and I'm sure there are some that are Mac compatible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook Al15" G4 1.25Ghz
I'm guessing most multicard reader is mac compatible. I'm using cheapo $2 usb multicard reader and it works fine on my mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
there should be no thinking and no buts. there should be a Do!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.