Fix Rise of Nations Gold?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
My father gave me his CD of Rise of Nations Gold. I've installed it and tried to apply the patch for it. However, it gives me Sha1 errors on 3 of the files (that you can only see by 'show package contents') and won't update it. By searching I found that Sha1 errors might mean they are corrupted. I've also found that some of the files are missing.. Is it possible to dl a demo and possibly replace the files?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All I can suggest is to try to install it again and apply the patches. If the CD is damaged or scratched, you may be able to get another from Microsoft as long as the original was registered and you have the original serial number to install.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have no idea if it was ever registered and I doubt my father would remember. The interesting thing is it has never asked me for a serial number, I just assumed that it was that old that (as many games I bought years ago) it didn't need it since I have the original cd.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is an old cd, was bought probably very close to when they appeared for mac in store... So if it never asks me for a serial #, would that be part of the problem? When I've installed it, it has never said there was a problem...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it didn't ask for a SN then it probably doesn't need it. All MS newer games ask for authentication (SN). But as I said before, other than trying to reinstall, I have no other suggestions to get it going. It may be too old to run in newer versions of OS X?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you chscag

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.