rhapsody

Reaction score
hello all

i have newly switched to apple, and i am wondering how to download and use rhapsody. it seems to be not compatible.
i live in europe, and most of what i found on google hasnt worked.
i would appreciate any feedback.
thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't have a clue if Rhapsody is even available in Europe.

Their player is to this day, still not available for Mac or Linux. They seem to be satisfied with their Windows users.

If you already have an account, they use to allow for streaming of content on the Mac, but no downloading... and thus no syncing to any devices from a Mac. Haven't used Rhapsody in a couple of years now, so don't know if you can even still stream or not.

What happens when you try to set up a new account or log into your existing account?

Reaction score
Is Rhapsody worth the price

I was thinking of joining Rhapsody and was wondering is it worth the price. Do you get good music or not?:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I was thinking of joining Rhapsody and was wondering is it worth the price. Do you get good music or not?:|

Hard to beat for 10 bucks a month. A coffee these days is almost 5. I have a Sonos setup so it is a no brainer for me.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My last album collection - yes vinyl - of only about 7,000 LPs cost me in the neighborhood of $50-60k... and only because I visited the used shops 3-4 times a week or it could have been more. It'd take 500 years of listening to practically anything you want and whenever you want it for $10 a month to equal the investment I had in vinyl.

If that type of option had existing from the 60's to the early 90's, I'd have had to seriously re-think my purchasing habits.

My most repurchased album during that time - wore out at least 6 1st issue copies of It's a Beautiful Day during those years. And the last couple of them didn't come cheap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.