Help with Key Chain

Reaction score
Good day.
I am sort of new to the Mac, and so far I am loving it. I bought a used G5 1.8 dual unit with 4 GB of ram.
I have a lot of questions, but for now I need help understanding how to set up information in Secure Notes. I want to add password information in the Secure Notes note section. When I do this, I click the padlock icon and this is great. Nobody can view my notes with out a password. But, I notice that my email accounts (and quite possibly other applications) all ask for my password now. I don't want this. Is there a way that I can just lock Secure Notes to open with a password but leave everything else alone?

OP
H
Reaction score
Shoot! I though for sure that someone would be able to help me here.
Did I post it in the wrong section? Will it get better notice if I place it somewhere else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Make another keychain (besides your Login keychain) and put your notes in there.

The Login keychain is normally unlocked when you (surprise!) log in, and stays unlocked until you lock it. When you do, everything stored there becomes unusable.

OP
H
Reaction score
technologist:
It didn't work.
When I did what you advised, I locked it. Closed out.
Went back to Key Chain (the new one I created) Clicked on it and there were the notes that I wrote in. Anybody using my computer could open this and gain all my secrets!
I expected to have to type in my password when I clicked on it in the list.
There is something here that I am missing I gather.
What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Are you sure that you locked the new keychain before you quit the Keychain Access application? A locked keychain shouldn't unlock itself (unless it's the Login keycahin.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.