Disk utitliy not working

Reaction score
Hi!
I installed my OS x 10.4 totally fresh and updated everything, so everything should work well. However, I try to make a disk image from a cd with disk utility and the program keeps on quieting by itself after having the blue wheel for a while. Why is this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
either there is some corruption on the image, or maybe a permissions issue

resolve the image corruption by letting the open source Burn app have a go at the image

burn-osx.sourceforge.net

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try this program. Btw, I didn't make an image yet, I want to make one of my cd. I did also permissions repairs before and still have this Disk Utility problem.

OP
A
Reaction score
What I actually trying to do is making an image file from a mixed mode cd. The cd had data and audio tracks. I tried to make a good image file with Toast but it only contains the date, not the audio tracks. Maybe someone has suggestions how to do this? (I know that Toast has an option to make a mixed mode cd, but it doesn't work, I hoped that Disk utility could make one)

OP
A
Reaction score
No, this is not working. Is there another way in making a mixed mode cd? I am talking about the old game Alone n the Dark 1. I have the original cd and try to run it on my mac with the hep of a dos emulator called Boxer. The game works well except that there is no music. Boxer cannot read the audio tracks. The maker of Boxer told me that if I would make an image file of the whole cd and mount this cd, I would hear the music as well. But... how to make an image file of a mixed mode cd?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.