iMac wont start. Powersupply?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with my iMac and I hope you guys can help me.
It‘s an 24“ iMac Mid 2007* 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme (EMC No.: 2134 Model No.: A1225).
The iMac suddenly turned off as if sombody pulled out the powercable. If I press the power button nothing happens as if the machine get‘s no power at all.
So I opened the iMac and removed all the dirt and dust. I thought it might be the PSU but I can‘t see any optical defects.
When I pluged in the powercable the first Diagnostic-LED light up shortly and went off again. When i pull the cord and plug it in again nothing happens...
I checked the cable itself and tried another one to be sure it‘s not teh cable.
Can I be sure that it is the PSU (because of the LED‘s) or could it be the logicboard either?

Any Experiences?

Thanks for your help. And sorry for my poor english.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first one looks exactly like the one that is built into my iMac but the website says that it is discontinued by apple? So should i better buy the second one? will that one fit in my iMac? Would be perfect if anyone could confirm this.

It's discontinued by Apple because your model is likewise discontinued.... Buy the first one if it's the exact PS your iMac is using. I can't confirm it but make sure you can return the PS if it turns out to be wrong.

You might also look for the exact PS you need at Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad as they stock parts for older Macs.

OP
C
Reaction score
I can't confirm it but make sure you can return the PS if it turns out to be wrong.
I live in germany. So shipping is about 50 bugs :-( So I hope to get the right one.

How about the different input Voltage 110V USA and 230V Germany do those power supplies work with both?

OP
C
Reaction score
Problem with new powersupply

Hello,

thank you for your answers, and sorry for the very long delay. I never thought it would be that hard to get one of those PSUs in germany. How ever I finally managed to get one.
After I replaced he the old one my iMac started up without any Problems. I had it running for a few hours for doing all the updates with no problems. But after I moved it from my workbench to my home office. It begins to boot and after 20-30 seconds it turns off. I can't turn it on again pressing the power button doesn't have any effect. When I wait a couple of minutes and unplug it from the power network I can start it again, but only for about 20-30 seconds and then the machine turns itself off again.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.