Can't mount 4GB SDHC card on my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
I just bought a new MacBook Pro this month. For some reason, I can't mount my SDHC card. It works just fine in my camera and even my roommate's Mac Mini. This laptop should be able to read/mount SDHC cards (About the SD card slot). It's formatted as FAT32, btw.

Any ideas?

OP
M
Reaction score
I should also note that I've been able to mount other SD cards just fine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What can we say? If the card mounts OK in your roommate's Mini, and other cards work OK in your MBP, then either your MBP just doesn't like that card or the card is questionable. If you can return it to where you purchased it from or exchange it for another, do so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Try saving all your files that you have on the card, then reformat with one of the computer that you have been using with the card with the same Fat32. Then see if it mount on the MBP. I have a 4GB albeit HP USB drive, that my MBP couldn't recognized. I reformat. Now it's all good. Sounds weird but MBP may be particular about factory format.

OP
M
Reaction score
I called up Apple Support. After all of their troubleshooting, they've referred me to a repair facility because they think it's probably a hardware issue...kinda disappointing considering I had high expectations with Apple (This is my first Mac), and I've already got to get it repaired within the first month.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I should also note that I've been able to mount other SD cards just fine.

I called up Apple Support. After all of their troubleshooting, they've referred me to a repair facility because they think it's probably a hardware issue...kinda disappointing considering I had high expectations with Apple (This is my first Mac), and I've already got to get it repaired within the first month.

Why not try another card first? Can you exchange the one you have with a new one? If a new card (same type) doesn't work, then pursue taking the machine to Apple for repair.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.