Problem with .DS store files

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Well i'm having a problem on my MAC OSX, about a month ago i wanted to view some hidden files and i checked the internet , where i typed a certain command in the terminal and the hidden files were shown.
But the problem is , since that day .DS store files are appearing everywhere , i mean in every folder , even when i clean them , they are restored after a while.

Can anyone tell me how can i make these .DS store files invisible all the time cause it is really bothering me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Reverse your initial terminal command with the below commands. It's show all or hide all so etc, var and usr will be hidden too.

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

KillAll Finder

OP
E
Reaction score
Reverse your initial terminal command with the below commands. It's show all or hide all so etc, var and usr will be hidden too.

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

KillAll Finder

Does that mean that i should write in the terminal window the following: " defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.