Security(1) Keychain-Dump

Reaction score
Pretty much I want to dump my keychain without any GUI interaction, and I know my password. I kinda know the right commands but they don't work right even after countless hours reading man pages.

Code:
Welcome, toXic,  ~/Desktop : security authorize -C toXic dump-keychain -d
Password:
YES (0) { 2: "-d" , "dump-keychain" }
That's where I'm at right now, doesn't quiet help by dumping anything but it looks like I'm doing something right. If someone could shine some light on this I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Do you perhaps have to add the name of a keychain (for example, login) to the dump-keychain -d command? The man page is worded as if that might be the case, though I haven't tried it.

Edit: Never mind. That was a guess after only reading the man page; it doesn't seem to be accurate after some experimentation. I've never worked with security on the command-line.

OP
C
Reaction score
nope, the dump-keychain -d command will just dump all of them even though I just need the login keychain. Either way the command works by itself but then has GUI windows that pop up so I need to authorize in the command too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.