Bought my first Mac

Reaction score
So I know you guys probably hear this a lot but bought my first Macbook pro 13" and iPhone
(4s). I was using a Windows laptop with Windows Phone 7 and my sony Vaio after one year just after the warranty died. So I decided to give apple a shot. I am not to lie I was worried about moving to Apple cause I was pretty good at working my way on windows and was in the process of learning power shell.

Just wanted to say hi and looking forward to being a active member on here.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums and congratulations on your transition..

Reaction score
Like me you are a recent convert, persevere OSX just has a different way of doing things.
I too have a MBP 13" late 2011 and other I devices, with more IOS like features coming to the mac line it can only get better.
i'm sure there are many die hard Mac/OSX users who don't like the way the OS is going but i like it.You end up with a whole range of devices that just work and integrate so well.
IT support is my day job, Windows only and it great to be able to use my tech at home without having to muck around too much.

OP
DGrier
Reaction score
I have been able to spend some more time playing on my new computer and so far I think I am in love. I have been searching on google trying to see if there is any free guides to learning terminal in OSX but so far no luck.

I just got out of the Navy and I have college money and looking to going to school to be a IT but currently doing research on which field would be best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.4
Hey, I too recently bought a 13" MacBook Pro as my first mac, but I have had an iPod for years and an iPhone since last June. So far I am loving it! Good luck to you with your new equipment!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.