Another OS 9 Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Okay, so I currently have the resolution on OS 9 set to 600 x 800. Only problem is that half of the, bottom comtrol bar, thing... Is cut off, ans so is the top of the options menu. Is there some sort of display re-size menu in here?!? It looks fine in x768 but it leaves a 1/2'' gap of no display around the perimeter, which makes the screen look smaller than it really is. :Grimmace:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Okay, so I currently have the resolution on OS 9 set to 600 x 800. Only problem is that half of the, bottom comtrol bar, thing... Is cut off, ans so is the top of the options menu. Is there some sort of display re-size menu in here?!? It looks fine in x768 but it leaves a 1/2'' gap of no display around the perimeter, which makes the screen look smaller than it really is. :Grimmace:

Go to:

- the "Apple" drop down menu
- go to the "Control Panels" (in the list)
- then go to the Control Panel "sub-menu"
- choose "Monitors" or "Monitors & Sound"...this is called different things depending on the OS version & computer used

This "Monitors" control panel gives you the ability to adjust the monitor resolution & color density.

Additionally...you should have a control panel called "Control Strip". This is a "Control Strip" that after you turn it on...usually appears in the lower left or lower right corner of the screen. When you click on it...it extends...and gives you easy access to a bunch of adjustments (color density, sound level, monitor resolution, networking settings, etc.).

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
On most iMacs the picture will not fill the whole screen from edge to edge..thats just the way it is. It is possible to reset the picture tube but you have to open it up and you dont want to go there..yet.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is possible to reset the picture tube but you have to open it up and you dont want to go there..yet.

I did...now I'm in the process of getting it back together...not a ton of fun!:(

- Nick

OP
MacDude121
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh.. LOL I forgot about this thread... Ummm.... I booted it up about 2 days ago and the picture was perfect... And it has stayed that way since... :Confused: OS 9 is beyond confusing now... It's starting to creep me out.. Like this computer is messing with me or something. :eek:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh.. LOL I forgot about this thread... Ummm.... I booted it up about 2 days ago and the picture was perfect... And it has stayed that way since... :Confused: OS 9 is beyond confusing now... It's starting to creep me out.. Like this computer is messing with me or something. :eek:

It's not OS 9 that's so confusing...it's just a matter of getting used to it via experience.

You're starting to sound like a lifetime Windows user switching to OS X!;)

- Nick

OP
MacDude121
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's not OS 9 that's so confusing...it's just a matter of getting used to it via experience.

You're starting to sound like a lifetime Windows user switching to OS X!;)

- Nick

I WILL NEVER USE WINDOWS AGAIN! .... Sorry... But those were dark times and I never wanna go back to windows... ever! I'd use OS 6 before I used windows. Just from my experience. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Some of theses glitch issues maybe because the machine needs a new battery.

OP
MacDude121
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Some of theses glitch issues maybe because the machine needs a new battery.

Yup. It definitely does. Every time I unplug it the date goes back to 1902. Oh, and I found out how to set the picture. So now if it goes weird again I know how to straighten it out. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.