flash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
My wife and I are regional coordinators for Quilts of Valor. A local news station interviewed us yesterday and the story ran on the news last night.

I've gone to their website and have tried without success to play the video. I installed the click to flash app. When I press the flash icon in the embedded window, I just get a blank space. No video.

Here is the link:

Volunteer Spirit: Stitching for soldiers

Does anyone else have a problem viewing this? Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong.

thanks for any advice.

John

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Works fine for me here. What exactly do you see where the Flash video is supposed to be? If you see the word "Flash" try clicking there and it should load. I have not used Click to Flash but it's probably just a setting that needs to be changed.

BTW What a marvelous project you two are involved in. Thank you.

OP
afriqueart
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Thanks. It is a very worthwhile project. You'll never know the feeling of gratitude that we feel until you are able to hand a quilt to a hero (either 20 years old or a veteran of WWII or any other war). They are so honored to be remembered and we are so honored to be able to personally say thanks!

I see a greyed out video window with the word flash in it. When I click on the word, the entire video area goes white. No spinning wheel, no black square....Nada!

I'm going to uninstall click to flash and see what happens.

M

MacInWin

The white square stayed white for a while for me. The website took some time to download the video, then it played just fine. I do use click to flash, so it should work for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
To eliminate install/browser issues, download, install and use chrome and try that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
To eliminate install/browser issues, download, install and use chrome and try that

Yep, Chrome works out of the box, no need to have flash installed on your machine (it also gets rid of the annoying updater, it's all browser specific, very stable, by far the best browser.)

C

chas_m

Click to Flash also has preferences where you can turn it off entirely (ie allow all Flash) for a given website. You might try that also.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/members/mrplow.html
When I was using Click To Flash, my experience mirrored jakerich's. You'd click on the grey box that said "Flash" and then it would go white and then after a few moments evidence the video was starting to load would appear.

I now just use AdBlock, which blocks the Flash ads I find *incredibly* annoying while keeping text ads and other most non-annoying Flash elements in place. In combination with HTML5 replacers for video and audio, I've found my happy medium with Flash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.