bootcamp.. how to switch back?

Reaction score
i installed xp and the drivers but after the restart it gave me an error saying that the pci.sys driver is missing and it cant load windows. and the driver files cd is in the macbook and i cant take it out to put the windows xp cd back in to install the driver.. whats the key to choose to boot os x?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
hold option, that should work.

Then, you should see two hard drives, one that says Macintosh HD and the other that says "Windows". Click on the Mac one and you'll boot into os x.

If you want to boot into OS X by default, set that in your system prefs in OS X.

OP
E
Reaction score
thank you... everythign fixed out alright... only thing that sucks is that the eject button is bult into the software.. so os x or windows have to be fully loaded for me to replace disks.

I love the safety of being able to always go back to os x and deleting everything. it really makes windows a side program for running certain things.

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out on this? Where is the option key?

Currently in Vista and can't get out.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can anyone help me out on this? Where is the option key?

Currently in Vista and can't get out.

This is on a Mac with an Apple keyboard? If so Option is between Control and Command.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
easiest thing if you have a few dollars to spare, go buy parallels desktop for mac. you can run WINXP/VISTA in a window on OSX. Simple easy to use, when you "reboot WIN" its just restarting the app....not the entire computer.

there may be a trial out there to download.

But bootcamp is a great program, i like the drag and drop capabilities that parallels gives me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.