MBP screen issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
I am not exactly sure how this happened but this is what my MBP currently looks like. It does not effect the function of my MBP, but it is gradually getting worse and I do not have apple care. Any suggestions as to what I should do?
Thanks
5208977769_ede931a0e7_b.jpg

5208978097_640f9e5560_b.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like you have some corrosion and warpage around the bottom of the case and the hinge area. Have you been using the machine on the beach there in Florida? Not much you can do unless you want to change out the entire case which is going to be very costly.

OP
LelandJLK
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
I should have clarified my pics a little more. The speck case hasn't been cleaned in a while so that is why it looks like there is sand in there. The problem is when I open and close the lid, it rubs from the case and I think that is what caused the case to split. Is it safe to assume that Apple will NOT cover this under their warranty? What are my options to resolve this problem.
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Never know what Apple will do with something like that. Some folks have gotten the case replaced for free, others have had to pay. I would take it on in, befriend a genius, and see what happens. All they can do is say no, and that you have to pay to have it replaced. As I mentioned above, replacing the entire case is expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.