.rar files, how to split them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - OS X Lion 10.7 - 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - Bootcamp - Windows 7
hello fellow mac users,

i hope someone out there can guide me in the right direction on how to split .rar files. is there a program?

what i would like to do is have a .rar file split so it will look something like this:

file.part01.rar
file.part02.rar
file.part03.rar
file.part04.rar
file.part05.rar
etc.

and when a user decompresses part01 or the "file" that doesn't have any numbers it will decompress 01, then 02, and so on and then the user will have the file. is anyone familiar with this and how i can achieve this. another example, lets say i have a .rar iv'e created that is 999mb and i want to split it so that its two parts, hence file.part01.rar and file.part02.rar, or even into 4 parts, so id like the option to decide the file size to split the .rar to.

seems like im really specific with what im trying to do, but ive downloaded things previously that come in parts just like i described and i'd like to be able to so this.

notice the picture i uploaded, i clicked on helloexample.part01.rar and it extracted the entire thing (01 - 04) and output the folder helloexample.

hope someone can help,

thank you,

steve.

Screen shot 2010-12-06 at 11.45.54 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.