business cards

Reaction score
I'm designing a business card using a photo and need guidance regarding sizing of photo and how to copy the card once finished.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ok...sounds great. Now how about telling us what application/applications you are using to create these business cards.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thread moved to more appropriate sub-forum. Not really a "Switcher Hangout" topic.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks, Nick. I'm using OS10, Pages.

What I really need to know is how to size proportionately the picture I wish to use on the 2 x 3 card. I want the picture to cover the entire card but when I go to size it to fit, there are margins, either at the top, bottom or sides. I think I need to use the 'mask' feature, but I'm not clear on how to use it.

Also, how can I copy the finished card (image with text) onto the other nine blank rectangles? Copy and paste doesn't do it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I should say I'm not terribly literate when it comes to computers, but I'm learning, and it's fun.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, Nick. I'm using OS10, Pages.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I should say I'm not terribly literate when it comes to computers, but I'm learning, and it's fun.

Thanks for that information...I'm sure it will help.:) I don't use Pages very often...but I bet someone else here does & will be able to answer your question.:)

By the way...yes you are using OS 10...but OS 10 (OS 10.0) was released way back in 2001. I'm betting that you're using an OS X version much newer...like OS 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, etc.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Im using 10.9 but do you mean something like my screen shot? took about 2 minutes to do with pages.;D I only copied it to 4 cards as an example for you.

Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 09.37.40.png

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you, newscribe. I'll study the screen capture you sent and see if that process will work for me.

It may be more advanced than I can understand, but I'll give it a try.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're getting borders on the card, it's likely due to the fact that the picture has the wrong proportions. A business card is roughly 9 x 5 (I think) so you'll want the picture to meet those proportions (be 1.8x wider than high).

Reaction score
If you can find a copy, you might be better off with Avery Design Pro for Mac. I cant find it on the Avery Dennison site but I have a copy so it's got to be there somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi mastermom,

Can do a short vid walk through for you if you like, but can't do it before Sunday.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi mastermom,

Can do a short vid walk through for you if you like, but can't do it before Sunday.

newscribe • thanks. This could be fun. Sunday is good for me, however, I believe there is a significant time difference. How would this work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

Have sent you a private message with Vid link, had a few minuets free this morning. Hope it helps.

Edit:
You may want to turn the sound up as I forgot to do this while recording.:Confused: Was rushing.

OP
M
Reaction score
newscribe • unfortunately, I am unable to open the link ... uncertain what to do next.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

At work but just tried the link and its working,;D once you have clicked the link you should see a page like my screen shot, just click download, then once you have downloaded it play it in Quicktime.

MF.jpg

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi,

At work but just tried the link and its working,;D once you have clicked the link you should see a page like my screen shot, just click download, then once you have downloaded it play it in Quicktime.

newscribe • please know that you are dealing with a colossally illiterate person when it comes to computers. I'm not going to try anymore ... it's completely confusing and stressful. Hopefully, I'll find another way, perhaps a savvy friend.

Thanks all the same.

And, know, too, that it's me, not you and your directions.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks so much, newscribe, for caring. I'll give this a go.

Best •

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi mastermom,

Hope it helps, also check out Ytube.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.