• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Meet the Playstation Phone .... !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
I'm really more of a person who thinks that a Phone is just a phone.
If you want to play use your PS3, XBOX, etc.
I'm not saying that phone shouldn't allow you to play games, but for a phone i think simple games are enough.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm really more of a person who thinks that a Phone is just a phone.
If you want to play use your PS3, XBOX, etc.
I'm not saying that phone shouldn't allow you to play games, but for a phone i think simple games are enough.

PS3 and XboX are consoles, which is different than a hand held gaming device like a PSP or the NDS.

Personally I think it's ugly, and I don't need it. I'm sure the hardcore Sony Fan boys will be all over it though. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Typical ugly Sony garbage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
I think it's kinda neat. Ugly as sin, but neat.

If you were going to buy a PSP Go! then you'd do better to buy this. I don't know if I would buy it just because it's a neat phone, but I would definitely get this over the Go!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think it's kinda neat. Ugly as sin, but neat.

If you were going to buy a PSP Go! then you'd do better to buy this. I don't know if I would buy it just because it's a neat phone, but I would definitely get this over the Go!

It sort of looks like the go to me. >_>"

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Why would Sony develop a PlayStation phone that runs on Android? If it does, it probably won't be able to play PS games so while call it a PS phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Well, I'm going on the assumption that it can download games from the PS store, just like the Go can. If that's not true, then I wouldn't touch it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
playstation phone.

hasnonumbers

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
It's an innovative idea, yet far behind apple's new products of course.

Yes that it might be, BUT it’s a completely different genre of phone or anything  has on the market.
Its is Primarily a Gaming console that can make phonecalls ...
If its true at all Found this article today :
Nowgamer.com ~ Sony PSP Phone is a fake

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather have a playstation or nintendo (not going to happen though) phone than an Iphone. I have an iPad and love it, and I sort of feel that an iphone would be redundant in my life, since for the things I'd use the iPhone for, the bigger screen is worthwhile. However, if I could make one of my game consoles my main phone, I'd jump on it.

However, I think I'd only want it if you didn't have to get a data plan, wifi is more than enough for a phone/game device for me, leave the 3G to my iPad. No use paying two separate data plans.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Of course it looks ugly to you guys, because it's not an Apple product.

That phone is a marvelous idea and concept by Sony. The fact that it has a D-Pad, buttons, and will play actual games is going to appeal to A LOT of people. It'll also most likely launch with Gingerbread, which is great as well.

I won't get one, because I don't need one. However, I think it's going to do just fine.

Reaction score
Makes me wonder. With those D-pads, what games does Sony expect for the phone? I don't think you can play the original PSP games (be it digital or that dreaded UMD). And besides, even if they could do a dual-boot (I'm wishfully thinking here), how many people would buy the phone *just* for that?

My opinion? Flop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.