Calendar duplicates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Every calendar on my iPad, iPhone and iCal is duplicated. However, the appointments seem to be in only one of them in each case, as far as I can tell. I think Me.com is the same.

At least when I uncheck one of them in iCal, the appointments on that calendar disappear, whereas if I uncheck the other calendar with the same name they do not.

1. How on earth did I get in this mess?

2. Is there any way I can remove the duplicates without losing all my appointments? :(

Edit - I sync using me.com, not iTunes.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I tried renaming one of each in iCal - just to be sure they are duplicates.

Each one has synced to the iPad with the new name - so now I have Home and Home2, Work and Work2, etc.

Then I unchecked the second one in iCal and on the iPad. No appointments seem to have been lost as far as I can see. I will leave it like this for a while and then delete the second ones once I am sure they are not needed.

Hope they don't come back again :(

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Related question:

iCal and me.com have Sunday as the first day of the week, whereas the iPad shows Monday first. Anyone know how to change the first day of the week on the iPad please? I looked in the Calendar App and in Settings, but no sign of that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1) Un-Sync your devices with iCal both via the MobileMe connection (Tell iCal on the devices to not sync via MM, on the iPhone it's under the Mail, Contacts and Calenders setting, don't know about the iPad).

2) If any of them are also synced when you plug them in to the Mac, stop doing that. Choose either MM syncing or physical syncing, not both, ever.

3) Get the calenders in question strait and cleaned up in iCal on your Mac.

4) Delete any calenders (local or remote) that are left on the iPhone or the iPad.

5) Re-enable calender syncing on the devices.

This should take care of the dupes. I had this issue for a while and the above is what fixed it for me on my iPhone.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks - I will give that a try. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.