Output issues

Reaction score
I hooked up my mac pro to my olevia hd tv via a mini display to hdmi cable. However, it only displays picture, but no sound. when I go into Sound and I select digital out it says "The selected device has no out put controls" and there is no sound and when I select line out it does nothing as well. When I have the same set up in win 7 via bootcamp it instantly works no problems so it cant be my tv or the cable. Its a software issue. What do I do? I already tried rebooting.

OP
V
Reaction score

according to this post late 08 Mac Pro's are not on the list for computers that supply audio and video through the mini display port. My computer did not originally have it but I upgraded the video card...Other people in that post mentioned using separate audio out cables.

Okay.... now someone please explain me why in Windows 7 it works flawlessly? The more I work with windows the more I am considering switching back.

There has to be some setting or something I need to play with in osx.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.