Broken CD Tray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
I need to open my iBook to remove the end of the power adpater that is stuck inside. I have tried to find a manual but can't seem too. I removed the screws on the bottom thinking it would easily come apart. Anyone got any advice other than take it to a pro? I'm not a miser but this is an extra Mac that I am experimenting with. :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Good luck!

Are you sure you removed all screws?
There are three apparent screws, three screws hidden under each rubber foot and two small screws in the battery compartment, where the latch is.

After removing all those screwsm you need to carefully de-clips the bottom case, which is a bit fiddly.

Check here for instructions:
www.pbfixit.com

Click on FixIt Guide, and select your iBook model... :cool:

But be aware:
Taking apart an iBook is even worse than a PowerBook, you need to keep track of the screws and their locations. There are many different sizes, and they are tiny and easily lost!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.